- Google DeepMind developed an AI system called AlphaFold that can predict the structure of proteins. This is a major breakthrough in the field of protein folding, which is essential for understanding and treating diseases.
- IBM Watson is an AI system that is being used to diagnose diseases, recommend treatments, and provide personalized care. Watson has been used to diagnose cancer, Parkinson’s disease, and other diseases with a high degree of accuracy.
- Enlitic is an AI company that is developing systems to help radiologists identify cancer in medical images. Enlitic’s systems have been shown to be more accurate than human radiologists in identifying cancer.
- Waymo is an AI company that is developing self-driving cars. Waymo’s cars have driven millions of miles on public roads, and they are now being used in limited commercial service in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Tesla is an electric car company using AI to develop self-driving features for its cars. Tesla’s cars already have some self-driving features, and the company plans to make its cars fully self-driving in the future.
- Uber is a ride-hailing company that is using AI to improve its services. Uber’s AI systems match riders with drivers, predict demand, and optimize routes.
- ABB is a robotics company that is using AI to improve the efficiency and safety of its robots. ABB’s AI systems are used to monitor robots for signs of wear and tear and to predict when they need maintenance.
- Siemens is an industrial automation company that is using AI to develop predictive maintenance systems. Siemens’ systems are used to analyze data from machines to predict when they are likely to fail.
- Intel is a semiconductor company that is using AI to develop new manufacturing processes. Intel’s AI systems are used to optimize the design of chips and to improve the yield of manufacturing processes.
In customer service:
- Amazon is using AI to create chatbots that can answer customer questions and resolve issues. Amazon’s chatbots are available on its website and in its mobile app.
- Google is using AI to develop systems that can understand customer intent and provide personalized recommendations. Google’s systems are used in its search engine, its advertising platform, and its customer service chatbots.
- Netflix is using AI to recommend movies and TV shows to its users. Netflix’s AI system is based on a massive dataset of user ratings and viewing habits.
- Knewton is an AI company that is developing personalized learning systems. Knewton’s systems use AI to track student progress and provide personalized learning experiences.
- Achieve is an AI company that is developing systems to help students with disabilities learn. Achieve’s systems use AI to identify areas where students need help and to provide personalized instruction.
- Duolingo is an AI-powered language learning app. Duolingo uses AI to track users’ progress and to provide personalized lessons.
- These are just a few examples of the many success stories of AI. As the technology continues to develop, we can expect to see even more amazing things that AI can do.